MVP Awards

November 28th, 2004

After suffering with this pathetic bout of chicken pox for a few days, I think I’m ready to hand out some awards.

Behold the “MOST VICIOUS POX” award winners…

For providing me with a persistent tickle that is irritated by even the slightest air current, the award for Most Subtle Yet Effective goes to the pox on the tip of my right ear.

To recognize their extraordinary teamwork, the award for Best Cooperative Effort goes to the colonies that have settled the areas at the sides of my upper torso. Your proliferation has been amazing.

The award for the Biggest Superstar goes to the giant pox located on the middle of my spine. You placed yourself in the least accessible place and then expanded to the size of a dime.

Next up is the Humanitarian Award which goes to the single pox on my face. Thank you for making your home on my left temple and then refusing to procreate. You are the Mother Teresa of chicken pox.

Last but not least, I must recognize the Overall MVP award, for the pox that has consistently provided the highest level of agony. This goes to the pox on my left nipple.

Give ’em all a big round of applause for their hard work. They have managed to drive me completely insane despite the best efforts of Claritin and Tylenol tablets, Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal baths, Sarna lotion, and even my darling spray-on Calamine. Good work, guys!

Actually, big thanks to all of you for your product tips and thoughtful get-well wishes. They are much appreciated. I’m hanging in there… Hope this crap is over soon!

Entry Filed under: Atomic Bombshell

• 1. Neb  |  November 28th, 2004 at 4:48 pm

*sigh* Just remember, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel…

• 2. Lewis Moten  |  November 28th, 2004 at 5:17 pm

I’m glad to see that you’ve started to post again. Get well soon.

• 3. tanya  |  November 28th, 2004 at 5:19 pm

That was really kinda gross but I couldn’t stop reading. Good luck with the pox !

• 4. Jon Langdon  |  November 28th, 2004 at 5:21 pm

ewww.
    just a BE visitor saying hi.

–Jon Langdon

• 5. angie  |  November 28th, 2004 at 5:24 pm

You poor, poor thing! But your sense of humor is still intact! You crack me up. and the comment from your husband…I thought my husband had been cloned and is living with you!! Keep hangin’, girl. Do not scratch!!

• 6. mollie  |  November 28th, 2004 at 5:52 pm

thanks for the comment on my site! yeah the cake was cute..although my sister wouldnt give me any!!! πŸ™ lol

love mollie

• 7. BT  |  November 28th, 2004 at 7:54 pm

Never scratch….and be prepared, my darling, for some scarring

• 8. Aurora  |  November 28th, 2004 at 8:04 pm

Thank heaven for my awesome dermatologist and his mad skillz with various lasers. I’ll be counting on him to handle some post-illness clean-up… I feel broke just thinking about it.

• 9. Cheeky Prof  |  November 28th, 2004 at 8:54 pm

Holy shit. I am SO sorry you’ve got the pox. This sort of freaks me out because I’ve never had them and, well, don’t want to get them. Hope you have a relatively non-itchy, quick time of it. πŸ™

• 10. The Paper  |  November 29th, 2004 at 12:25 am

awwwwwwww. take care with the poxes.

• 11. Lisa  |  November 29th, 2004 at 8:23 am

Your skin has had a rough few weeks. First with the mysterious fungi and now the pox. Any idea if the two are related?

• 12. Uptown Girl  |  November 29th, 2004 at 3:21 pm

get well soon πŸ™‚

• 13. Sven  |  November 29th, 2004 at 11:44 pm

Not good. I had the chicken pox at an adult age as well – my son had it and I never had it before – didn’t even know I never had it. Like a bomb it hit me – it was not fun, didn’t look good and the itching? – oh god!

Hope it goes by fast for you.

• 14. Keith of R.Electrons  |  November 30th, 2004 at 9:24 am

Wow – what a creative way to deal with your pox! I had a lot of fun reading your awards and accounts of the different pox. Glad you could have some fun with something that sounds so annoying. Get well soon! πŸ™‚

• 15. Kangamini  |  November 30th, 2004 at 6:00 pm

Babe,

I had the pox when I was a little boy. I don’t remember it. Last year I had a flair-up of the same virus that causes chicken-pox (herpes zoster) and had SHINGLES. I was on pain meds for three weeks and had all sorts of nasty blisters and pussy drippy oozy wounds on my back.. YUCK

So when I say “I feel you pain” I really do πŸ˜‰ Glad you’re getting better!!

XOXOX
    Rich

• 16. heroinegirl  |  December 1st, 2004 at 7:51 pm

Get well soon princess. No scratching. I will smack you with my smacking stick. I said *smack* no *smack* scratching. Thank you.