Biddy-Biddy Bad

December 21st, 2004

Gwen and Topol?

Normally I leave all of the celebrity poop for Perez Hilton to scoop, but today I must speak. Last night after two hours of DDR I hopped in the shower, turned on the radio just in time to catch the last three songs of the top ten, and proceeded to rock out… You know, like always.

When suddenly my ears were assaulted…

Thinking Britney Spears had finally lost it, maybe that Federline fellow has done a number on her… She was bad before but for heaven’s sake, a remake of “If I Were a Rich Man” from FIDDLER ON THE ROOF?! You’ve got to be kidding.

Wait a minute… Then the DJ informs us that wasn’t the sound of Britney jumping the shark – It was Gwen Stefani, former punk goddess. I tried to turn a blind eye to that Alice in Wonderland travesty because we’re allowed a bonehead move once in a while. But this, Gwen… Why?

Do they make an XM shower radio?

Entry Filed under: Carrie's Rants

• 1. mai  |  December 21st, 2004 at 1:37 pm

i really feel you on this one. i usually respect Gwen for what she does, but there is very little to like about this, really. this is sooo bad…

• 2. Lewis Moten  |  December 21st, 2004 at 3:11 pm

I’m dumbfounded on Gwen. I don’t think they make an XM shower radio, but they do make one that is waterproof. Great for anyone that is out on a boat.

• 3. mxv  |  December 21st, 2004 at 9:50 pm

I’m not sure it is fair to call her punk, she never was, she just stole some punk style. That DDR game is a hell of a lot of fun!

• 4. Uptown Girl  |  December 22nd, 2004 at 12:15 pm

I always love everything she does – – but this – – – makes me question my previous opinion

• 5. Anne  |  December 22nd, 2004 at 7:00 pm

I grew up in Orange County and was listening to No Doubt when albums were still being sold out of the trunks of cars. It was never punk. It was Ska music. And she was a ska goddess. I have to question her judgement with this particular selection. But everyone makes mistakes sometimes.

• 6. Janet  |  December 23rd, 2004 at 4:22 pm

Words cannot express the disappointment I have in Gwen Stefani’s solo effort. Sure it’s very eighties, but it’s baad eighties. Like bad b-side of Atlantic Starr bad. Of course I might be reaching here. It all depends on your audience.