Preparations

January 20th, 2005

Two days… That’s how long I’ve been cleaning my office. Having a boss who is both a micromanager and bordering on Alzheimers requires me to generate mountains of otherwise unnecessary paperwork…

Files from 2002 are packed in boxes that my boss will be too paranoid to send downstairs to storage. All 2003 files have been moved to less accessible filing cabinets, leaving room for the 2004 stuff to be filed away in prime real estate for easy reference.

The only problem is that during the last half of 2004 I was too busy to keep up with filing, so I’ve got stacks of crap all over my desk space waiting to find a home. To make the matter even worse, my Dymo 330 LabelMaker bit the dust – and that thing was my secret weapon!

What happened to the good old days, back when my parents were my age, when it wasn’t politically incorrect to have your secretary do your filing? Sucks to work your way toward the top and still have to do your own grunt work, but such is life in this modern age.

I’m expected to make a presentation on 2004 campaign effectiveness and outline the 2005 plan at our board meeting next Thursday, and I really can’t begin to write up the supporting documents until this 2004 paperwork is is organized and squared away.

…The clock is ticking…

Entry Filed under: Atomic Bombshell

• 1. Jade  |  January 20th, 2005 at 5:39 pm

Wow!
    It looks so great!
    Can I contract you to come and organize my home office mess?! LOL 😉

• 2. Aurora  |  January 20th, 2005 at 6:38 pm

I don’t deserve any praise just yet… If you hover over the photo you’ll notice the caption: “This is how it will look again when I’m finished!” Right now it’s still in a sad state – but I’ll polish off what’s left tomorrow, if all goes as planned. I’m off to shop for some new decorations; Inspiration to finish the task!

• 3. Keith of R.Electrons  |  January 20th, 2005 at 8:11 pm

Good luck with all your organizing. I can never stand doing too much organizing in a row. I guess it is time for a new dymo – or perhaps upgrading to a P-Touch? 😉 (of course, P-Touch labels are much more expensive).

• 4. Nanette  |  January 20th, 2005 at 10:06 pm

When you’re done, you can come clean my cube, too! 🙂 I keep talking to my co-workers about having that TLC show “Clean Sweep” or ABC’s “Extreme Home Makeover” come to my cube. It’s baaaaaaad.

• 5. BHR  |  January 20th, 2005 at 10:21 pm

If that’s your workspace it looks pretty good now – if I only my desk was so tidy…

• 6. RuKsaK  |  January 21st, 2005 at 12:32 am

When I started my job I had a desk – maybe I still have somewhere under all the crap.

• 7. Roman  |  January 21st, 2005 at 9:16 am

I’m a nut about my DYMO Letra Tag (http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Products/LetraTAG.html).

It’s fast, convenient, and it looks like a phaser. Other nerds tremble at the site of it!

• 8. Pie  |  January 24th, 2005 at 10:11 am

I’m jealous you have a window.

• 9. Aurora  |  January 24th, 2005 at 8:27 pm

OMG, I’m STILL cleaning… ARGH! Almost done though.