NUMB3RS

January 23rd, 2005

Did you catch this pilot on CBS tonight? I know what you’re thinking: Another of those Law & Order / CSI type shows that are proliferating… But “NUMB3RS” is really good too, I swear!

Only time will tell if subsequent episodes can uphold the same quality as the pilot. However, I think what impressed me most were the graphic representations of mathematical thought.

Watch it and see what I mean.

Entry Filed under: One Of The Guys,Undercover Geek

• 1. Aurora  |  January 23rd, 2005 at 8:19 pm

Oh, and the guy who plays Charlie the mathematical genius, David Krumholtz – I’ve liked that actor for ages! Most notably as Wednesday’s love interest in Addams Family Values. Hooray for geeky cuteness… I heart nerds!

• 2. Angie  |  January 23rd, 2005 at 8:24 pm

I watched it, too! I will definitely tune in again to see if it stays this good!

• 3. Mona  |  January 23rd, 2005 at 10:20 pm

The Graphics actually distracted from the show, IMHO. The sprinkler example was okay, but it was too graphics intense.

I love how Rob (from Northern Exposure) had a different demeanor than his role in NE.

I’ve set the season pass for my Tivo.

• 4. Pie  |  January 24th, 2005 at 10:04 am

Ooh math stuff? I’m a math geek (as you can probably tell by my blog name). I’ve never heard of the show, but I might have to look into it….

• 5. Jessica  |  January 24th, 2005 at 4:17 pm

I liked the show too. My favorite role for him was as the elf in the Santa Clause, he was pretty funny in that one. But Numb3rs was a really good show.

• 6. Julie  |  January 24th, 2005 at 5:43 pm

Oh no! I forgot to watch it!

• 7. Robert  |  January 25th, 2005 at 11:26 am

Watched it, too, but can’t decide what I think, yet. I’ll never remember when it’s on, though–better set the TiVo.

• 8. Ginnsu  |  January 26th, 2005 at 1:17 am

AAAARRRRGH! You mean I missed it? Please, somebody shoot me.

• 9. Summer  |  January 26th, 2005 at 8:08 am

I found the pilot episode interesting enough to check out the next few shows. Right now I cannot see how they will manage to apply enough different number theories to keep the show interesting AND not loose the viewers who do not pay attention (which are the majority unfortunately).

• 10. Numbers Fan  |  March 14th, 2005 at 4:39 pm

Numb3rs is awesome! Check out this site.