Whatever

January 24th, 2005

I’ve had it with “Whatever” – The battle cry of the apathetic.

Although I admit to being a former offender, I’m over it now. Once you pass the awkward stage of adolescence you should have the gonads to speak up for what you believe and express your views.

Whatever? No, screw that. Tell me what you really think. Sure, we may not agree, and that’s fine – Vive la différence! But to avoid a discussion altogether… Now what fun is that?

Entry Filed under: The Black Hole

• 1. Grins  |  January 25th, 2005 at 3:40 am

You’ve just hit on a pet peeve I’ve had since I was 12. Perhaps it was because I grew up in during a time where it was the latest fad to say it, but it has always annoyed me. Friends that actually love me say it just to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Gotta love real friends that know how to tick you off. 😉

• 2. Master Foley  |  January 25th, 2005 at 6:59 am

Didn’t know you were a Sigma Kappa. Rock on sister.

• 3. Christina  |  January 25th, 2005 at 7:45 am

I kind of decided that apathy was going to be the only way I would make it through the next four years. I’m sorry, but if I care, it will just make me really really angry and then I will get high blood pressure which will cause me to die. It’s really a self-preservation instinct at this point. 🙂

• 4. Robotnik  |  January 25th, 2005 at 12:38 pm

I think, though, that “Whatever” also means: piss off, fuck off, you’re an edjit, etc.

So it may still fly as a valid “tell me what you think” response.

• 5. Silentz  |  January 25th, 2005 at 12:53 pm

I guess that means you hate me now. But I usually don’t care about most things because they are trivial. If I actually have an opinion about something it usually comes out.

• 6. Jacqui  |  January 25th, 2005 at 1:03 pm

I found your blog through Manolo’s Shoe Blog and have BlogRolled it, and I just wanted to sort of introduce myself. My name is Jacqui, and my blog is Trista’s Journal at http://www.jacquiwimer.com and also at http://trista.livejournal.com.

I like your writing style and am happy to have stumbled across a blog that’s interesting and well-written. I’m looking forward to reading future entries.

• 7. Misty  |  January 25th, 2005 at 6:25 pm

Even worse than adult – is a smart mouth 3 year old saying it (namely my daughter) as she flutters her eyes and walks off in her fake, plastic high heel shoes that make that loud clacking noise on the floor!

What was I thinking?

• 8. Jared  |  January 26th, 2005 at 1:07 am

Here, here! I don’t hate people who disagree with me. I hate people that won’t stand up and have an opinion.

Thinking good. Me like think. Give it a try folks.

I second your decree!

• 9. SamKinison  |  January 26th, 2005 at 9:01 am

“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.” – Albert Einstein

• 10. SamKinison  |  January 26th, 2005 at 9:05 am

“Every difficulty slurred over will be a ghost to disturb your repose later on.” – Frederic Chopin

• 11. SamKinison  |  January 26th, 2005 at 9:06 am

“Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand.” -Bodie Thoene

• 12. Easy  |  January 26th, 2005 at 2:40 pm

Meh… whatever…

• 13. Yorkshire Soul  |  January 27th, 2005 at 1:07 am

Totally in agreement, and anyone daring to tell me to ‘talk to the hand’ gets their fingers broken.