Shortage

March 31st, 2005

I was at the gym busting my ass when I thought:
So many hot chicks… So few hot guys

Okay, maybe it’s just a Southern California thing, but I know plenty of people that look good enough to be models, but very few are guys… Even the gays around here have gone soft.

I hear there is an increasing trend in men going for plastic surgery, but it needs to pick up some speed. I still see about ten hot chicks to one hot guy, and that’s a generous estimate.

Hordes of girls are working hard to look good, but few men are willing to get off their lazy butt to sculpt themself into something droolworthy. Equal rights? I’m over it. It’s time for equal pressure.

Do I really believe all that? …No, but for a split second, while sweating it out on the squat machine, I was feelin’ it! In all honesty I don’t think heterosexual guys could deal with this kind of pressure.

By the way, the hot dude pictured above right is Jason Lewis. You may know him as Smith Jerrod, Samanatha’s boyfriend on Sex and the City. I just finished watching the last of season six and I’m going through withdrawals… Is it really over?

Entry Filed under: Carrie's Rants

• 1. Neb  |  March 31st, 2005 at 10:24 pm

Is that Absolut ad for real?! It’s kind of…um…non-subtle. >8-/

That guy looks like a refugee from a romance novel cover…

• 2. Aurora  |  March 31st, 2005 at 10:33 pm

My husband shares your sentiment and adds, “This is your worst post ever!” which means I must have done something right. 😉

I must admit, I cracked up laughing when I saw it in Jason’s portfolio, but it works: I liked the juxtaposition of mirrored male/female images… Both models held a similar pose.

• 3. LlamaKing  |  April 1st, 2005 at 2:32 am

Absolut-ly disturbing…

• 4. Master Foley  |  April 1st, 2005 at 5:33 am

LOL dammit, but get to the gym!

• 5. Jason Rohrblogger  |  April 1st, 2005 at 5:46 am

Women are hot but guys are trolls? I resemble that remark!

• 6. Silentz  |  April 1st, 2005 at 9:56 am

I plan on catching a hot woman with the loads of cash I will be making. Fuck the looks, I’ll take the cash.

• 7. Diana Crabtree  |  April 1st, 2005 at 8:07 pm

I used to hate gratuitous ass-shaking girls in videos, movies, tv shows, advertisements, grocery stores you name it. But then I saw Top Gun again and I understood. If there were sexy men on everything I saw I would be VERY happy!

Thank god for the “Metrosexual” trend. PLEASE, OH PLEASE let it last!

• 8. Nanette  |  April 1st, 2005 at 11:41 pm

Ooo, ooo! I had a Jason Lewis sighting back in February. He was actually quite lean when I saw him, rather than the beefcake he is in the Absolut ad (not that I have a preference – he’s yummy either way). You can read about it here if you’d like: http://nannersp.blogspot.com/2005/02/latest-celeb-sightings.html

• 9. Jade  |  April 4th, 2005 at 7:42 am

Man, I’d have a shot of that Absolute any day!

Maybe ya need to come to good ol’ Arizona to see the hot men. There are plenty. Although, there are more hot women in Scottsdale and the trendy areas, you actually have to go to the “rugged” side of things to find those cowboys all sweaty and sexy, oh yum! They are everywhere!

• 10. Mikey  |  April 4th, 2005 at 1:55 pm

You say that like there’s something wrong with it…

• 11. Red-Eye  |  April 8th, 2005 at 4:25 pm

I have to say California is overrated as far as pretty people go. Thats why after 30 years in Cali I found myself a Georgia peach and moved back here where the women are far more attractive, in part due to the fact they are far less disingenuous.