Silly Wabbit

April 26th, 2005

This Week: 10 Stupid Things You Did as a Kid

The only challenge here is going to be coming up with only ten stupid things I did as a kid. Believe me, there’s no shortage of material and therefore no need to repeat any of the stories I’ve already written. Don’t laugh too hard, it’ll hurt my feelings…

1. Nearly blinded myself. It was an enticing little bush with what I thought were pretty little red berries, which I proceeded to pick. Turns out they were scorching hot chilis… Found out when I rubbed my eye.

2. Dislocated a jaw. How was I supposed to know that when you unwind from a crouching position and deliver a Mortal Kombat style uppercut it’s at least ten times more effective than a straight punch. That stepbrother of mine totally deserved it.

3. Glued Snoopy to the wall. I was just so darn sick of those boring bologna and cheese sandwiches, so my gigantic stuffed Snoopy agreed to hide them behind his back. A week later mom was very upset.

4. Created a new sister. One hot Summer afternoon we were so bored that my brother agreed to let me dress him up… as a girl. I was so confident in my skills as a makeover artist that I tried to convince the kids on our block he was my long lost sister.

5. Appreciated Art. Art is Fine. That’s what I painted on the back of our playhouse. No, I wasn’t referring to Fine Arts, but my latest crush.

6. Opened a restaurant. Another fun play on words, I opened Le Bon Cafe in our back yard. Sure “bon” means good, but “Le Bon” means Duran Duran. The neighboorhood fat kid gave it five stars.

7. Freaked over fish. Auntie took me on a cruise and on the night it was our turn at the Captain’s table they served a salad with sliced anchovy garnish… I couldn’t stop screaming under the table.

8. Held it for three days. Dad took us camping on a long weekend and my stepbrother told me there were snakes in the pit toilets. I held it until I turned green and Dad had to take me down the mountain.

9. Got the sniffles. For some reason I used to get things stuck in my nostrils a lot as a kid, mostly stray beads. I’m sure the ER techs are surprised I didn’t end up a coke addict… it’s Diet Coke.

10. Experienced a TKO. In an effort to provide entertainment one night, my three-year-old younger brother and I staged a mock fight. Although I was twice his age, he hit me just right in the stomach, knocking the wind out of me, and I was down for the count.

So tell me… What did you do?

Entry Filed under: Time Travel

• 1. CT  |  April 26th, 2005 at 9:40 pm

Good times… lets exchange blog roll info. I like your style…

• 2. Jen  |  April 26th, 2005 at 11:13 pm

I locked my step-brother out of the house one night after he’d continually sneak out on school nights without ever being caught. When he tried to get back in and realized he couldn’t he came to my window and knocked repeatedly on it while shining a flashlight through the space between the blinds and the sill. I pretended to be asleep and my step-mom finally got up and let him in (it was around 3am) Guess who got in trouble? ME!!

• 3. Silentz  |  April 26th, 2005 at 11:35 pm

The stupid things you did aren’t anywhere near as illegal or stupid as the shit I did. Sometimes I am surprised that I am still alive.

• 4. Aurora  |  April 27th, 2005 at 6:33 am

Silentz: There were plenty of others that were too good for this list, but they are better off saved for future posts. The crazier stuff really requires more background and details. 😉

• 5. Jenn  |  April 27th, 2005 at 9:45 am

Ooooh, you were so naughty!
    I never did anything like that. It was all studying and church camp for me!
    😉
    Love your site!

• 6. Dr. Mindbender  |  April 27th, 2005 at 10:05 am

Not to poke holes, but it sounds like more frequently it was your step bother who was the stupid one. Except for the snakes in the holes, thing. That’s pure genius!

• 7. Tina  |  April 27th, 2005 at 6:00 pm

I climbed a tree and took a crap to see what shape it took when it landed.

• 8. MissMeliss  |  April 27th, 2005 at 7:02 pm

I saw this mentioned in The Zero Boss’s blog just today, came here to check it out, and fell in love. You’ve gained a new reader. And I hope you don’t mind that I did your meme a day late.

• 9. Nanette  |  April 30th, 2005 at 2:21 pm

I love your list, Aurora. I may have to post one on my blog. As a starter, I hit myself in the face with a baseball bat by accident. It resulted in a black eye.

• 10. Easy  |  May 4th, 2005 at 3:03 pm

Oh yes. I did a post on this one too, but I had to draw the line between pre-adolescent, adolescent, and post-adolescent stupidity.

Actually, I’m still adding to the list pretty regularly…

• 11. The Zero Boss&hellip  |  April 27th, 2005 at 12:49 pm

Ten Stupid Things

Aurora of Aurorealis is asking: what are ten stupid things you did as a kid? Ten is limiting, but here goes:Pulled my mom’s chair out from under her when she sat down. I thought it was hilarious. My grandparents, who stood aghast as my mom crashed onto…

• 12. MissMeliss: Scritture&hellip  |  April 27th, 2005 at 6:57 pm

Ten Stupid Things

Having the fear of God put into you takes on a whole new dimension when your uncle is a priest who works at the Vatican.