The Smiths

June 12th, 2005

Mr. & Mrs. Smith is a great way to kick off a summer that’s certain to be filled with blockbuster movies. It’s an action flick with balls and laughs.

I’ve never been a big fan of Angelina Jolie and her overstuffed fish lips (gee, can you tell?) but I’m guessing life in Cambodia agrees with her because she looked fantastic – And so did Brad Pitt, whose perfect abs couldn’t possibly occur in nature. At last, a movie filled with people that aren’t so darned hard to look at for two hours.

Furthermore, it was true marital therapy to watch the couple go at it with such force. I kid you not, this is one hell of a violent movie… Think War of the Roses meets Mission Impossible. Now this is a date movie that men and women alike will enjoy.

Entry Filed under: One Of The Guys

• 1. Neil  |  June 12th, 2005 at 11:32 pm

I saw it tonight and surprisingly liked it, too. I’m not a big fan of either Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie, but I have to admit they have a chemistry that is usually lacking with couples on the big screen. The story had a few holes, including the ending, but I don’t want to give anything away. As someone still separated from my wife, I read a lot into the film about “marriage” that probably wasn’t really there. It’s mostly a dumb, but fun, action flick.

• 2. Silentz  |  June 13th, 2005 at 3:20 am

I voted for “Not gonna see it,” though I may watch it on HBO when it finally gets there.

• 3. KnOizKi  |  June 13th, 2005 at 11:55 am

Not because Cambodia loves her, but because the movie was entertaining. I left the cinema with my mouth “open” – LOL!

• 4. Hannes  |  June 13th, 2005 at 2:20 pm

I recommend renting it. It was half-way being the pure action film that I thought it would be, and half again too much the marriage councilling film.

• 5. KangaMini  |  June 14th, 2005 at 11:16 am

I loved the movie! Brad has done much better at 40 than Madonna can ever hope (tho I guess she has had two kids… I digress) Angelina is hawtness enough to make me wanna be straight.

Yummeh! I give it 4 out of 5 pancakes.

• 6. Alice  |  June 14th, 2005 at 8:33 pm

I already had high expectations because the trailers were good. I saw the movie last weekend and it blew my expectations away, it was really that good!

• 7. Opus  |  June 16th, 2005 at 4:14 am

Utterly predictable, but hey as you say, still entertaining and two beautiful people to watch for an hour or so. And as Neil commented, they have on-screen chemistry.

• 8. Atomic Bombshell » &hellip  |  February 28th, 2007 at 1:23 pm

[…] skeptics have to say… I liked it! Even though the leading characters weren’t as hot as Brad and Angelina it was still a highly entertaining movie. It was dark enough, badass enough, and doggone it… […]