Rosy Cheeks

June 27th, 2005

Ouch! Had the first of a series of four skin treatments today. At least this wasn’t my first time, so I went in knowing what to expect. My dermatologist prescribes intense pulsed light, radio-frequency, and pulsed dye laser… Supposedly a winning combination.

At five hundred bucks a pop it hurts my wallet even more than my face. It’s not covered by our crappy HMO – Phooey! This DNA from pink cheeked europeans with too many capillaries and a tendency toward skin cancer should entitle me to some preventative treatment.

Instead, they’d rather wait until I’m dying and then tear my life and face apart at that point. Well, I’m not havin’ it. I’d rather shell out the cash now and never go there. Of course, it’s money well spent thanks to its rejuvenating effects and sun damage reversal.

If it weren’t for this stinging pain (akin to sunburn) I’d feel so fancy. Kinda like those crazy housewives that book cosmetic prodedures year-round because they’ve got nothing better to do. Except I had to drag my butt into work afterward, all blotchy and irritated… Joy!

You know what cracks me up? The treatment that stings the most, the IPL/RF combo… It’s even named after me: Aurora!

Entry Filed under: Completely Girlie

• 1. Silentz  |  June 27th, 2005 at 5:24 pm

No pain, no gain.

• 2. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  June 27th, 2005 at 5:53 pm

Ouchy – So Sorry!

• 3. Shanni  |  June 27th, 2005 at 9:52 pm

Those look familiar! I’m getting laser hair removal… It also hurts my wallet but SOOOO worth it!!!

• 4. Neil  |  June 27th, 2005 at 11:12 pm

Is this what they call Thermage? – I always see that advertised.

• 5. Aurora  |  June 28th, 2005 at 9:24 am

I’ve heard of Thermage… It’s similar to the Aurora component, but my treatment has a medical purpose. I’m avoiding future skin problems by destroying mutated cells and reducing overabundant blood vessels & capillaries that feed them. Basically, Aurora and V-beam treatments remove freckles and reduce pink flushing.

• 6. Pie  |  June 28th, 2005 at 12:55 pm

Yikes. I can understand why you’re doing this, but ouch. Hope it all works out.

• 7. Atomic Bombshell » &hellip  |  August 11th, 2005 at 7:55 am

[…] Anyway, I only have one skin treatment left to endure, but these last two in the series are a downer. If the next one wasn’t medically important, I’d do anything to avoid it. A face that looks like molting snakeskin wakes you up to a new world of shy embarassment. […]

• 8. Atomic Bombshell » &hellip  |  October 28th, 2005 at 9:58 pm

[…] Woke up this morning and went to my dermatology appointment like a good girl. Submitted my face to a good frying, and then waited for the redness and swelling to subside. As soon as a little Vincent Longo could cover up the horror, I headed out to Paseo Colorado for some effective pain relief. […]

• 9. Atomic Bombshell » &hellip  |  October 29th, 2005 at 12:07 am

[…] Woke up this morning and went to my dermatology appointment like a good girl. Submitted my face for a good frying, then waited for the redness and swelling to subside. As soon as a little Vincent Longo could cover up the horror, I headed out to Paseo Colorado for some effective pain relief. […]