Break Out

July 27th, 2005

Blue Pool

Took the day off work to make our annual pilgrimage to Raging Waters. Now that’s the right way to spend a Wednesday. What a blast! The only bad part will be returning to the office drudgery for two more days before the weekend arrives.

For the Mr. and I, the highlight of the day was freefalling down the four story vertical ramp of Dropout. You literally catch air for a second, it’s freaky. It seems that no matter how many times I go down that slide, every time I hit the top of the stairs I get nervous.

When I think about it, I don’t take physical risks very often. It’s never been my style. When your childhood was filled with physical danger, you naturally avoid it as an adult. But I must say, it’s good to break out of the mold and prove something to yourself now and then.

Entry Filed under: Atomic Bombshell

• 1. The Daily Phosdex  |  August 3rd, 2005 at 1:58 pm

I would like to note that, on first seeing this essay, such was enough to make me think of none other than Wisconsin Dells, which likes to describe themselves as “The Waterpark Capital of the World” (and then some).

In fact, I had just returned from my annual pilgrimage to the Water Capital when I saw it for the first time.

• 2. Neb  |  July 28th, 2005 at 9:38 pm

I LOVE waterparks. Must find one now…

• 3. Sven  |  July 29th, 2005 at 11:52 am

Just returned from Disneyland – We did a lot of water/pool stuff… Oh what fun! Love your site. Love Elvgren as well. Thanks for sharing.

• 4. Tjej  |  August 1st, 2005 at 11:50 am

Man I used to love water parks!!! I used to go on all the wild slides. I loved those things (although some would give me massive wedgies). I know there must be a waterslide park around here somehwere… but my fiancé doens’t like them 🙁 Also, it seems as though summer in Sweden has vanished. Ah well….

• 5. LlamaKing  |  July 28th, 2005 at 7:39 pm

Hmm… waterpark… good idea… may have to go there soon…

• 6. Zee  |  July 28th, 2005 at 8:56 pm

Sweet! I need to go do something like that. :o)

• 7. The Boss Man  |  July 28th, 2005 at 7:48 am

Hey, just think of it as 2 workday weeks in a row with a one day weekend in between! I haven’t been to a water park in ages, sounds like lots of fun! Where there tons of kids though, because of summer break?

• 8. Silentz  |  July 28th, 2005 at 3:49 pm

I haven’t been to Raging Waters in years. I was always nervous before going on dropout, considering I am afraid of heights and all, but it is impossible to chicken out when you see a couple of nine year olds go down it right before you.

• 9. Janine  |  August 7th, 2005 at 7:15 pm

I just went to Raging Waters 2 weeks ago. I hadn’t been since I was a kid. Now I am taking my kids there… SCARY! It was lots of fun. I still have never been on Dropout. Too steep for me.