No Escape

July 29th, 2005

Stealth

I’m going to pretend that I didn’t read the reviews. I’ll convince myself that the official website didn’t completely suck. I will even try to forget that I’ve heard it’s nothing more than the deformed bastard offspring of 2001: A Space Odyssey and Top Gun. All for one simple reason…

I like jets – a lot!

Therefore, I’ll be seeing this movie tonight. If we’re lucky, there will be a few other geeks there. Maybe some locals from CalTech and JPL, who will also look beyond the bad press in hopes of seeing some nifty air combat scenes… Fingers crossed!

Entry Filed under: One Of The Guys

• 1. Silentz  |  July 29th, 2005 at 10:00 pm

So how bad was it?

• 2. Lisa  |  July 30th, 2005 at 11:33 am

Well, I know you like the meatheads like Ahnuld… But the guy from something Alabama with Reese Witherspoon is HAWT! That’s gotta count for something.

• 3. ~Easy  |  July 31st, 2005 at 6:53 am

Directv offered the first 4 minutes of the movie on Tivo, and I thought it looked pretty cool. But then, I don’t need a plot if there are topless women or lots of explosions.

Serenity is the movie that I’m waiting for. September 30th can’t get here fast enough!!

• 4. Aurora  |  July 31st, 2005 at 12:23 pm

Honestly, it wasn’t that bad.

• 5. LlamaKing  |  July 31st, 2005 at 3:47 pm

If you go expecting about as much as Aurora made it sound like you should initially, you’ll get what you expect. I actually rather enjoyed it though. Lot of explosions… and other “perks” too.

• 6. Tony  |  August 3rd, 2005 at 6:21 pm

I liked it. I got to see it for free at a sneak preview the week before it released. I had convinced myself that I wasn’t going to see it because the previews led me to believe that it was going to be totally different than it ended up being. Because I had free tickets I went anyway and am glad I did. It wasn’t the greatest but it was definitely better than I had expected.