Fashion Fall

August 14th, 2005

Marc Jacobs - Fall 2005

Twice a year I pick up a few fashion magazines and eagerly scour them to find the best of what’s new. This time, however, I find myself rather perturbed… What is up with this frumpy, bohemian madness?

The colors and styles for Fall 2005 seem desperately unflattering. Something is amiss. I can’t find anything in stores that looks even remotely attractive, and I’m worried… My wardrobe is looking thin.

When I lost weight, I sold all my suits at a consignment store. Since then, I’ve been trying to rebuild my business wardrobe… To little avail. Once in a while I’ll find something from Nanette Lepore, Kay Unger, Ann Taylor or Tahari, but mostly it’s been a bust.

I made this resoution that I’d only buy pieces I absolutely love. That’s turned out to be a tall order, and one that’s left me with less than ten outfits in rotation. Maybe it’s time to re-think my strategy.

Entry Filed under: Atomic Bombshell

• 1. JoiseyGirl  |  August 15th, 2005 at 2:38 am

Is this what they call ‘boho chic’? Yuk… Hope it stays out of Sweden!

• 2. The Bombshell  |  August 15th, 2005 at 6:51 am

Yes, precisely. The annoying embellished tier skirts. The horrible wide-legged cropped pants with the fold-down waist. Oversized distressed sequined handbags. Shrunken raggedy cardigans over a too-long shirt. We’re talking stuff that even models look deformed in… I’m wishing it all to the cornfields!

• 3. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  August 15th, 2005 at 7:05 am

I am so damn easy. A pair of jeans, or khakis, a white tee and my flip flops and I am good to go. I cannot remember the last time I looked at a fashion magazine.

• 4. The Bombshell  |  August 15th, 2005 at 8:10 am

Unfortunately I don’t have that luxury. If it were up to me I’d live in a bikini 24/7 – But that wouldn’t fly at the office. Financial institutions are the last hold-outs requiring business apparel… It’s just my luck.

• 5. Shanni  |  August 15th, 2005 at 2:53 pm

Ugh, I know. 🙄 I flipped through my Lucky magazine yesterday and commented to my husband how EVERYTHING in it was UGLY!!! I’ve been shopping a lot in the last few months and can’t find anything I like. It’s really frustrating!

• 6. ~Easy  |  August 15th, 2005 at 3:50 pm

At moments like this, the uniform really makes life easy for me.

• 7. Sophie  |  August 16th, 2005 at 11:12 am

Yeah, I’m glad I wear scrubs to work. As for clothes – I’ve even pulled out my sewing machine the past couple of years for summer pants.

• 8. Clint  |  August 16th, 2005 at 2:46 pm

I agree, I think women should live in bikinis 24/7!

• 9. Dena  |  August 16th, 2005 at 4:23 pm

I LOVE the Boho look. I liked it when it was in style the first couple of times, and now I like it again.

• 10. The Bombshell  |  August 16th, 2005 at 6:53 pm

Awesome, Dena! I’m not as annoyed now, knowing somebody as cool as you is enjoying the spoils. Stock up while the gettin’s good.

• 11. Neb  |  August 16th, 2005 at 10:23 pm

Yikes! Just stick with the classics and what looks good on YOU. The latest fashions are just that: the latest. They will come and go and you’ll be glad you spent good money on something that will never go out of style. You are allowed to be smug about that.

Of course, my idea of classic is about 1385, but then I think princess lines look good on everybody…