Trick or Treat

October 29th, 2005

Been a while since they told us to dress up for Halloween at the office. However, there’s a caveat this year: We’re supposed to dress in a costume that reflects our character and/or personality. To be honest, I don’t know what that means, but there’s no getting out of it.

Candy Corn

First of all, as a member of the senior management team, it would be bad form not to participate. Secondly, as the only employee with a creative job, the masses will expect me to dress up. Thirdly, this just happens to be my CEO’s favorite office celebration, and therefore it might be a bad career move not to play along.

Not wanting to spend money or effort, I sorted through old boxes… No way I’m putting on that poodle skirt again! Something that reflects my character or personality? Hmm… This will never fit, but I’ll give it a try…

Cheerleading

So umm… I’ll be heading in to work on Monday wearing my varsity cheerleading uniform… And I must say, it’s nice to know that I can fit into something I wore at seventeen — Take that, suckers!

Entry Filed under: Completely Girlie

• 1. LlamaKing  |  October 29th, 2005 at 10:33 pm

And then posting pictures here for us all to see?

• 2. April  |  October 29th, 2005 at 11:09 pm

That’s SO kewl! You know, your story is similar to my mom’s. She tried out for cheerleading because no one thought she could… because she was such a tomboy, but she made it, and kicked ass in junior high school.

• 3. Andrew QH  |  October 30th, 2005 at 1:05 am

Just dont dress up at that cartoon up there =P

• 4. The Bombshell  |  October 30th, 2005 at 5:28 pm

Umm… I guess the Llama hasn’t noticed that I never post pictures or refer to myself by anything other than my pseudonym.
    Oh well — NO PICTURES SUCKAH!

As for dressing up like the Atomic Bombshell herself, WHY NOT?!
    That would kick so much ass… I WISH!

• 5. Deb  |  October 30th, 2005 at 6:31 pm

I’m glad I don’t have to dress up for work. Oh wait, but I do have to put on my witch costume for the kiddo’s classroom party tomorrow… at least I won’t feel out of place. I hate dressing up and having people stare at me. CONGRATS on fitting into the cheer costume! 😀

• 6. Salena  |  October 30th, 2005 at 6:45 pm

Glad we aren’t dressing up. Just bringin food. I can deal with that!

• 7. LlamaKing  |  October 30th, 2005 at 9:47 pm

I can always hope…

• 8. Neb  |  October 30th, 2005 at 10:54 pm

But you CAN dress like the Atomic Bombshell… Maybe next year. Just get a pink leotard from Sugar Petals, add some spike heeled pink boots & gauntlets… The headgear will be labour intensive, but you have a whole year to get it together!

My hubby is so proud of the fact that he is pretty much the same size he was as a Senior in high school… Except his chest has filled out a LOT since then… Stinker.

• 9. JH  |  October 30th, 2005 at 11:11 pm

I’ll loan you a nomex flight suit, my brain bucket, with face shield, an oxygen mask, and (if you want to haul it around) a parachute. You can go as a test pilot. Maybe I could even find my old SETP card and loan you that, as well.

• 10. Master Foley  |  October 31st, 2005 at 7:37 am

Give me an ” L”
    Give me an ” O”
    Give me an ” L”

What’s that spell?
    LOL

• 11. Char  |  October 31st, 2005 at 7:06 pm

I was so a go-go dancer last year.