Celeb Reality

January 30th, 2006

A while back I posted about this Star Estimator that uses advanced facial recognition software to tell you which celebrities you resemble, and it was fun… But, then I discovered a site that’s way better at it:

MyHeritage.com offers you a wider range options, so it’s not just one certain image of a celebrity, but many that you’re being compared with. Plus, it will also list your match percentage. When I entered my latest self-portrait, this is what I received in return:

Facial Recognition

If you want to play along, make sure you tell us which of the celebrity photos were a match, not simply whom. When I played around and put in a different photo, I got totally different matches, sometimes the same star in a different setting, and sometimes an entirely different person… Have fun!

Entry Filed under: Completely Girlie,Undercover Geek

• 1. Dave2  |  January 30th, 2006 at 11:42 pm

😯
    It must be terrible to be compared to two of the most beautiful women on the planet!
    😀
    Aishwariya Rai and Angelina Jolie?!? You can’t do much better than that.

• 2. Nicky  |  January 31st, 2006 at 6:19 am

Well, although I am yet to input a truly – face on “I’m not putting my tongue out” image, of the two I have put in, Kareena Kapoor has a 72% match, closely followed by Ava Gardner and Mariah Carey (who appeared as a match in both images, come to think of it.) Then it’s Preity Zinta, J K Rowling, Tarja Turunen, Hedy Lamarr, and finally Grace Kelly.

I’m wondering if facial furniture can affect this imaging? (ie: specs, piercings..)

Incidentally, I’ve only heard of 4 of my matches. 🙄

• 3. Kristin  |  January 31st, 2006 at 6:58 am

I was playing with this a while ago, this is the closest match I got. It might be better now though, because the system learns as it goes.

• 4. JH  |  January 31st, 2006 at 9:54 am

I didn’t like Star Estimator at all. It showed a high percentage correlation between me and the south end of Mr. Ed, the Talking Horse, when ol’ Ed was northbound.

• 5. Lisa  |  January 31st, 2006 at 10:16 am

Lesson learned today… Don’t use a picture where you’re wearing a hat. Cause then you end up being compared to eighty year old men. Self-esteem meter reading = DOWN!

• 6. The Bombshell  |  January 31st, 2006 at 10:42 am

Lisa, this thing must be RETARDED because you are certainly BEAUTIFUL… Lose the hat! :mrgreen:

• 7. Beer Consumer  |  January 31st, 2006 at 7:03 pm

That was fun. My girlfriend and i had fun playing with it.

• 8. Entrophia  |  February 1st, 2006 at 6:42 am

It matched me with Edith Stein. 😕

• 9. Paul G.  |  February 1st, 2006 at 10:21 am

President Chester Arthur – and the funny thing is that we are related!

• 10. Lisa  |  February 1st, 2006 at 4:18 pm

Okay, hatless I am apparently very similar to every ethnic star on that thing:
    Shakira
    Celina Jaitley
    Christina Aguilera
    Bipasha Basu
    Elisha Cuthbert
    Jennifer Lopez
    Diana Rigg
    Ninet Tayeb
    Reika Hashimoto

• 11. Boudica of Suburbia  |  February 2nd, 2006 at 5:13 pm

I got some great ones… Drew Barrymore, Linsay Lohan, Ingrid Bergman, etc… and Johnny Depp! I scanned a friend’s photo in and got Isabella Rossellini, Margeret Thatcher and Benito Mussolini. For another, I got Mariah Carey and Mao Zedong… I think its safe to say its not 100% accurate.