On Your Mark

February 27th, 2006

Time to Run

Now I’ve really gone and lost my mind… Signed up for the Inagural Half Marathon taking place at Disneyland in Anaheim this September.

So far, my training is going pretty well, but I can already see that the big challenge for me is going to be cardiovascular. With asthma and those years as a mouse potato to combat, even all the effort that I put into increasing my fitness over the last three years won’t quite cut it.

…It’s really cool to have a big new goal to work toward though! 😀

Entry Filed under: One Of The Guys

• 1. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  February 28th, 2006 at 7:16 am

You can TOTALLY do this!!! Good for you.

I was thinking about signing up for the Rock “N” Roll 1/2 Marathon that is hosted here in Virginia Beach. This year it will be on Sept. 3. ❓

• 2. Joefish  |  February 28th, 2006 at 7:49 am

I’ve always thought marathoners were a little crazy.

Not like that’s bad or anything.

• 3. Lisa  |  February 28th, 2006 at 10:51 am

The longest I’ve ever run is about eight miles. It is hard work getting ready for stuff like that. But super rewarding. And actually I read somewhere that most ultra-marathoners HAVE to walk, they physically cannot run the entire time.

• 4. Michael Sean  |  February 28th, 2006 at 3:14 pm

Sounds like fun! As a fellow asthmatic and marathoner, the one thing that made the most difference for me was always starting out VERY slow. In fact, WAY slower than you think you need to. Once your lungs have a chance to catch up and get a rhythm. That and all sorts of Advair, Singular, etc… 😉

• 5. Kristine  |  February 28th, 2006 at 6:38 pm

Congratulations! My goal is a three mile run this year… And that’s a lot in my book!

• 6. Christie  |  March 1st, 2006 at 11:03 am

That’s awesome! Good luck and congrats.

• 7. Hannes  |  March 1st, 2006 at 5:56 pm

I ran a marathon once, I almost DIED! In fact, I didn’t even finish. I got beat by old people,young people, large people, small people, hell, groups of old people! And I limped for a week after that and did not even receive a consolation medal to show for it. 😥 Don’t do like me and jump-in without training.

• 8. Im Chele In [dot] LA  |  March 2nd, 2006 at 7:08 am

Oh lord, how cool is that?! Good luck… Running after lifting walls or lights all day. Seems like Mount Everest to me…

• 9. Salena  |  March 2nd, 2006 at 11:00 am

Gosh girlie, that’s awesome! Good luck!

• 10. Mr. LemurBoy  |  March 2nd, 2006 at 10:49 pm

Wow… you make me feel really really lazy.

Good luck! You can totally do it!

• 11. Nene  |  March 8th, 2006 at 9:51 am

Fantastic! I looked into that and decided I can’t hang. Best of luck!

• 12. Amber  |  March 8th, 2006 at 5:08 pm

SUPER-DUPER! I’ve never ran a marathon. GOOD LUCK!