Breaking Free

May 15th, 2006

FreedomToday I moved out and filed for divorce. Out of respect to the other person involved I will not delve into details. However, I greatly look forward to sharing things about myself now without worries of causing friction at home. It’s already a year of big challenges… and to think it isn’t yet half over!

Welcome to the first day of the rest of my life…

Entry Filed under: Atomic Bombshell,The Black Hole

• 1. Joefish  |  May 19th, 2006 at 1:58 pm

Wow. That is such a huge thing.

Good luck!

• 2. Lisa  |  May 19th, 2006 at 2:02 pm

Oh AB. Sharing the hard stuff is the hardest part of it all.

• 3. ed  |  May 19th, 2006 at 2:23 pm

Am I the last person on earth that didn’t realize you were married?

• 4. Nanette  |  May 19th, 2006 at 2:25 pm

Wow! Best of luck to you!

• 5. nicole  |  May 19th, 2006 at 3:12 pm

Long time reader, first time commenting (I think) …Anyway, welcome to your new life. There’s nothing worse than being with someone whom you can’t be yourself with, so welcome back to yourself too. 🙂

• 6. kangamini  |  May 19th, 2006 at 3:48 pm

😯 Wow. Big move my precious… I certainly hope everything works out well for you! Hugs!

• 7. The Bombshell  |  May 19th, 2006 at 4:00 pm

Almost titled this “Another One Bites The Dust” but it was too long …Either way I’d have to give credit to Freddie Mercury.

• 8. deletedsoul  |  May 19th, 2006 at 4:13 pm

Best of luck to you sweetie, and kudos for taking the leap!

• 9. Peregrine  |  May 19th, 2006 at 4:20 pm

Though I am on the same rollercoaster, I deeply wish that things could have turned out differently. She is a free spirit and the man that can tame her will be blessed with an amazing wife. I could not love her the way she needed to be loved and I hope that she finds someone that can.

• 10. Dave2  |  May 19th, 2006 at 5:40 pm

All my best wishes to you as you start anew!

• 11. Deb  |  May 19th, 2006 at 9:03 pm

Whoa. 😯 Best wishes to you!

• 12. Rio  |  May 20th, 2006 at 1:09 am

I’m sorry about whatever happened between you and the other person… Separation isn’t easy, I bet.

Though I’m not a fan of irrelevant comment postings, I just wanted to remind you that I’m hosting International Weblogger’s Day, which is coming up on June 14th.

Take care.

• 13. Erratic Prophet  |  May 20th, 2006 at 7:06 am

Sorry or congratulations, depending on how you feel at the moment.

Divorce is a hard thing. Even when both parties are in agreement that it’s for the best. I know it was one of the most emotional times in my life. I never cried so much before. And I was the one who wanted it so badly. I’m glad it’s all over with. And, luckily for you, there aren’t any children involved. That makes things all the more difficult.

Wishing you the best.

• 14. boudica, baby  |  May 20th, 2006 at 10:15 am

It’s the first step. Good Luck.

xxB

• 15. Jason Rohrblogger  |  May 20th, 2006 at 10:44 am

Whoa. Heavy duty post there. It all seems overwhelming now, but life will get back to normal for you eventually. Keep on blogging in the free world…

• 16. Andrew QH  |  May 20th, 2006 at 2:35 pm

you know how i feel about everything

just wanted to leave a comment to show my support as well

• 17. Hannes  |  May 21st, 2006 at 12:09 pm

Good luck Ms. Atomic Bombshell.

• 18. Scott  |  May 22nd, 2006 at 5:39 am

And the Bombshell drops a Bombshell…

As someone who has gone through a divorce as well, I wish you strength & patience. Both of which you may need in the coming months.

• 19. bloodywits  |  May 22nd, 2006 at 7:16 am

Good luck! May you find happiness within yourself, and find someone who can celebrate that happiness with you.

• 20. Gern Blanston  |  May 22nd, 2006 at 6:51 pm

I don’t know you and you don’t know me, but I’m going through my own divorce right now and it’s scary and sad and crazy. Be very good to yourself.

• 21. Neb  |  May 23rd, 2006 at 12:47 pm

Wow, my heart goes out to you guys! I have been in your shoes, and even if it’s an “amicable” divorce it’s still very traumatic.

• 22. Jenny  |  May 24th, 2006 at 12:09 am

Wow… That’s a huge step! Good luck and I hope things get better.

• 23. K, speaking!&hellip  |  May 24th, 2006 at 3:02 am

[…] Here are some of you that I have probably neglected for quite sometime but honestly, I do not ditch people that way so easily. Never fear, I’ll always read every single one of you: Today I moved out and filed for divorce. Out of respect to the other person involved I will not delve into details. However, I greatly look forward to sharing things about myself now without worries of causing friction at home. It’s already a year of big challenges… and to think it isn’t yet half over! […]

• 24. Dave Mordey  |  May 24th, 2006 at 6:55 am

Best of luck for the rest of your life Ms bombshell, you are an intelligent, beautiful and fun young women now go live life the way you want to 🙂 … and dont forget to keep adding photos to Flickr

• 25. Shanni  |  May 24th, 2006 at 6:17 pm

Oh wow – Big step! Best of luck to you. My divorce was amicable but still very hard. It will be a roller coaster for a while…the sadness of closing one chapter of your life, and the excitment of starting a new one. We seriously need to hang out one of these days and have some girl talk.

• 26. Mr. LemurBoy  |  May 26th, 2006 at 10:40 am

Best of luck to you both.

• 27. spg  |  May 26th, 2006 at 2:11 pm

Good luck with the divorce and being back on your own. I went through that three years ago, and now I’m having a better life than I could have ever imagined! Hope it works out that way for you, too.

• 28. Grins  |  May 26th, 2006 at 5:28 pm

Leaving my marriage was one of the wisest decisions I’ve ever made. Hope you look back at your decision with the same smile I do with mine! Love you AB!

• 29. Susie  |  May 27th, 2006 at 7:18 am

*Hugs* Hang in there, and I wish you the very best and most happiness.

• 30. Skippy  |  May 29th, 2006 at 12:32 am

This is sooo cool! 🙄

• 31. K  |  May 30th, 2006 at 6:12 am

Apologies for the trackback links it seems as if I messed up your commenting box.

I hope all is well with you, Au.

• 32. Zee  |  May 30th, 2006 at 8:48 pm

Best of luck to you. 🙂 Hugs!

• 33. Tanya  |  May 31st, 2006 at 7:26 am

Good luck! 😉

• 34. Master Foley  |  June 1st, 2006 at 11:56 am

Hugz!!! Gosh, it’s amazing how little we truly only know about our favorite bloggers. Hope everything works out for the best. If you need a drink, you just let the Master know.

• 35. Dustin  |  June 1st, 2006 at 12:39 pm

Ahhhh finally…

I’ve found another person thats in the same CURRENT boat as me.
    We can give eachother advice now…

Sweet!

• 36. Pie  |  June 1st, 2006 at 11:15 pm

Wow, I’m both sorry to hear this and happy for you. Here’s hoping things start looking up for you!

• 37. Salena  |  June 2nd, 2006 at 6:22 pm

WOW! Hang in there girlie! Its a rough road. I’ve been there… but you’ll come out of this a stronger person. **hugs**

• 38. Char  |  June 8th, 2006 at 8:47 am

Good for you… Sometimes that is what’s best.

• 39. Bonita in Pink  |  June 9th, 2006 at 10:35 am

Wow. Great attitude about the whole deal.

Another closed chapter in your life.
    The comming will be Great.
    You’ll see!

• 40. Gene  |  June 24th, 2006 at 10:05 pm

Best of luck. Much prayers (however, my gut feeling is you’re going to do absolutely amazing..)

• 41. DL  |  June 26th, 2006 at 9:38 pm

Been there. It’s a long journey, but worthwhile if you stay true to yourself. Take yourself out on dates …Just do things you want to do without a mating-goal in mind. Be good to your body …Yoga helped me through my emotions, but find your own path.

And, as my sister said, “Your world may be smaller, but it is a quality world.”

Be Well