Laundry List

June 2nd, 2006

Laundromat

Since I do not currently have internet access at my place of residence I have not updated in quite a while… And let me just tell you: I had no idea how much I relied on having all that glorious information right at my fingertips until it was no more. Now I feel quite disconnected.

Everyday life hasn’t changed much, even though it feels like everything is different… It’s an illusion. I’m still me, though always evolving, which is the norm. Work is still work. Friends are still friends. Family still family. Respiration seems to continue just the same as ever… Life goes on.

Managed to have some fun over the Memorial Day weekend. Following a business conference at Desert Springs I took my first train ride in ages. The next time you’re in So Cal, hop on the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner and enjoy a relaxing journey with a fantastic ocean view.

On Sunday, I was priviliged to attend what will likely prove to be the most opulent wedding celebration that I will ever witness. Held near the shore at a Malibu estate, words can’t describe how beautiful it was, and my lame cell phone photos couldn’t do it any justice either.

Went to see Benchwarmers on Monday. I don’t know why more people didn’t enjoy this movie… My best friend and I laughed until we peed. Then again, my friends and I tend to have the same sense of humor as the average thirteen year old boy. So, there you have it!

Entry Filed under: Atomic Bombshell

• 1. Salena  |  June 2nd, 2006 at 6:23 pm

I moved recently too and had to go about three weeks without access to the internet. I thought I would DIE!

• 2. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  June 2nd, 2006 at 6:55 pm

Well now I must see that movie – cause you and i also share that sick sense of humor!!!

Glad you are well!

• 3. Nihility  |  June 4th, 2006 at 10:22 am

I know how you feel.
    Being disconnected is the worst. Did you get the shakes yet? Any other withdrawal symptoms? 😛
    Actually some off time would probably do your back, neck and eyes a lot of good.

I’ve gone to great lengths to remain connected as computer after computer just kept failing at me.
    “Nihility, staying connected since 1992 (not including prodigy).”

P.S don’t you just love those business conferences? Gotta love the respect (it’s all about the food). 😀

• 4. Andrew QH  |  June 6th, 2006 at 12:45 am

Benchwarmers, eh? …I loved it, but I agree, it has to be seen with the right company.

• 5. Mr. LemurBoy  |  June 6th, 2006 at 6:26 am

I go through withdrawl symptoms if I’m away from my net connection for a weekend. How can you stand it for so long!? 😯

• 6. April  |  June 6th, 2006 at 11:43 am

I feel ya. It always sucks to not have an internet connection at home. ((sigh)) You’re a trooper though — you’ll make it!