Mute Button

July 20th, 2006

SilenceThink I’ve had a hard time writing recently? There’s been no lack of material, I simply have not felt comfortable with sharing because there is a risk that I could cause more hurt… And I don’t want that.

So, here’s a disclaimer, which I hope will enable me to return: A big chapter of my life just ended and nothing about it was easy, but it was right. It’s still hard, so if I write about fun things it doesn’t mean I’ve been whooping it up. Conversely, if I write about deeper things it doesn’t mean I need help.

My life is still in a strange state of limbo, but this week I started to feel a little more like myself again at work… That’s something, I guess, and not a moment too soon, because I’m certain I was minutes away from the chopping block. That would be bad. Perhaps if I start opening up a little more, I’ll make it through to the other side a wee bit sooner.

Entry Filed under: The Black Hole

• 1. Jeff  |  July 21st, 2006 at 6:45 am

😉 Well put. Remember the door to openess lies within yourself, when you are a peace with yourself… The entire universe is yours to experience and feel.

Remember you are not alone.

• 2. Useless Man  |  July 21st, 2006 at 8:38 am

Whenever you are ready, and whatever you share, is up to you. Readers will still comes and visit, regardless. Do your blogging for yourself, not us. We’re just along for the ride.

Does that sound useless?

• 3. Im Chele In LA  |  July 21st, 2006 at 9:41 am

I could not just say this about any body…
    But of you I say it with confidence…
    You will grow from this, too…

When you are ready you will emerge.

• 4. Lisa  |  July 21st, 2006 at 10:42 am

It’s hard to open up to people, you end up feeling vulnerable and wondering if they think you’re weak, and then fearing that somebody could take advantage of you in that state. But pretending like everything is okay is worse. In my experience, avoiding all of that and pretending like it didn’t bother me just lead to a lot of really bad ways of dealing with it instead. But once I opened up, things really started to turn around. You’ll know when the time is right for you.

• 5. Neil  |  July 22nd, 2006 at 1:34 pm

I hope just writing that much took some of the pressure off of yourself. I hope you have good friends that you are confiding in.

• 6. Bonita in Pink  |  July 23rd, 2006 at 7:46 pm

I think it will take time.
    Just take it one day at a time. I can see that you are.
    That’s the only way you will be able to go back to your normal blogging-self.
    If you have nothing to write about, then it’s ok not to write anything.
    Sometimes it’s good to take a break.
    Then you’ll come back all fresh and mind cleared. 🙂
    Good Luck girl.
    *blessings*

• 7. Keith of Recycled Electrons  |  July 24th, 2006 at 9:47 am

Sounds very familiar.
    I had not posted in many months – and had been posting very sporatically before that.
    A big part of that was things going on in my life that I could not post on my blog. I’ve posted the reason on the blog – but still can’t really go into any deail – at least not on my publically idetifiyable blog.
    Good luck – friends seem to make a big difference 🙂

• 8. Grins  |  July 24th, 2006 at 1:41 pm

Take your time Carrie. Do what feels right, not what you feel pressured to do.

• 9. Just a Lurker  |  July 24th, 2006 at 9:57 pm

My advice, ride more, blog less. But it’s ok to post more pics of you on that cherry ride… Yes, definitely do that for us. I bet you’d look hot on a MTB? …And, where did you pick up that “whooping it up” thing?