Wasting Time

September 19th, 2006

Ten on Tuesday

This Week: Ten Things I’d Do If I Had More Time

Since I took up cycling it has just about occupied every spare moment, a bit like having a second full time job, except this I actually enjoy. You’d think during the two weeks I was recovering from e.coli in my kidney I’d have done a few of these things, but I didn’t…

10. Catch up on reading – There are ten to fifteen books sitting on my shelf just waiting to be cracked open, and I don’t know when that’s going to ever happen. Maybe I should start reading during my lunch breaks or something, otherwise I don’t see any hope.

9. Start posting regularly – Having more time on my hands would help, since then I could come up with some entertaining drivel, but the bigger issue was mentioned in a previous post which explains that I’m still not free to write about the things that really matter to me.

8. Get a new hairstyle – Something went wrong when my stylist sold her salon. I went from being the girl with the consistently fabulous hair to the girl who wants to cry because she hates how her hair looks every day. I don’t know what to do about this grave issue.

7. Freshen up my site – It’s been a long time since I made any changes to the look of this weblog. If I had hours to play around with the CSS I could probably come up with something amazing like the rest of you have, but I just can’t sit still for that long these days.

6. Visit with family – Not that they’re all that fun or anything, but perhaps I could make a stronger effort to reconnect with my relatives if I had more free time. Though I believe I do a decent job, somebody always feels like I haven’t been available enough.

5. Take some classes – I enjoy being a student and I’m good at it, too. You know me; I’m the annoying sack of shit in your class who screwed up the grading curve. Learning makes me feel all tingly. Some day I’ll want to go back to school… Just for fun.

4. Read your blogs – Whenever I check my Bloglines account it makes me want to break down and cry… In fact, I just hovered over my notifier in Firefox and it says I have 1,719 unread items. I truly miss being on the pulse of everything that’s going on inside your minds.

3. Make new friends – Though I don’t quite know how I’d go about doing that, I’m sure that given more free time I could at least come up with some places I could go or things I could do to meet some like-minded people. Heck, you can never have too many good friends.

2. Go shopping – Once in a while I try to duck into a store and find some clothes, but I’m invariably too stressed out to spend the time it takes searching for things that look great and are just my style. I used to enjoy shopping, but these days it’s become an ugly chore.

1. Ride my bike – After all that dreaming it’s time for a reality check: Let’s be truthful, if I had more time I would most likely spend it cycling. I can’t even tell you how sad I am that the days are getting shorter… And daylight savings time is about to end!

Entry Filed under: Atomic Bombshell

• 1. Kyle I  |  September 20th, 2006 at 5:47 pm

It’s good to catch up on life isn’t it? Then again being on the bike is a good time :p

• 2. char  |  September 20th, 2006 at 9:29 pm

Very interesting list for sure, I’ve decided to read during lunch for some reason it really helps me cope with the rest of the day when I can float off to dream land from time to time.

• 3. Jason Rohrblogger  |  September 20th, 2006 at 9:36 pm

You haven’t missed much on my blog. I’ve been re-running alot of my lame lists from two years ago and longer because I haven’t had time to write new stuff. Consider yourself lucky…

• 4. deletedsoul  |  September 20th, 2006 at 10:16 pm

I think it’s a blog dry-spell. Few of the people in my Bloglines have posted anything other than a quick note in weeks, and my blogs have been pretty mundane too.

Always love reading yours, even if they are short and sweet. 🙂

PS. I think your hair still looks fabulous.

• 5. Gene  |  September 20th, 2006 at 10:21 pm

Hmmm. I thought your hair looked nice in your pictures. Maybe I missed something.

• 6. Deb  |  September 20th, 2006 at 10:40 pm

I competely know where you’re coming from. I just wrote about my own crazy mornings, and how I now have no time for anything anymore. Going back to work fulltime has really cut into my free time! I too am not happy about any of it, including the end of daylight savings time. I signed up for a spinning class to take the place of my early morning bike rides. Hang in there!

• 7. Abe  |  September 21st, 2006 at 5:05 pm

I feel your pain! Almost 1 year ago exactly, I had my kidneys smashed in a bicycle crash, complete with broken ribs and assorted undiagnosed internal injuries. Like an idiot, I didn’t listen to my wife and go to the hospital. Yeah, Yeah, I know… 2 weeks later I got the first ambulance ride of my life! Straight to the ER… Bikes are my life though… It’ll take a hell of a lot more than a smashed kidney for me to give it up [my wife shaking her head].

Good luck on your recovery!

Cool site… You got Style.

• 8. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  September 21st, 2006 at 7:28 pm

I have found myself having to “schedule” blogging now…damn!!! Glad you are feeling better!!!

• 9. Lisa  |  September 22nd, 2006 at 11:52 am

I need to get back to my routine. I’ve been a slacker and that hasn’t been good. But I hope you have more time to write more, I feel like I haven’t heard from a good friend lately.

• 10. Sarah Parry  |  September 26th, 2006 at 2:44 am

Just discovered your blog – Love it! Keep it up! I know what you mean about not having time to get a hair-cut: Hence why I walk around with a hedge-like formation on top of my head most of the time… LOL!

• 11. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  October 4th, 2006 at 11:07 am

Get off your bike and post something!

• 12. Veritas  |  November 2nd, 2006 at 12:38 am