At First Tri

November 9th, 2006

Challenged Athletes - Robin WilliamsLast Sunday I completed the 56-mile cycling leg of the Challenged Athletes Triathlon. It was inspiring to see so many amazing people competing with and without artificial limbs, showing us all who the “lame” ones really are.

While in their midst, I felt like such a loser in comparison, spinning my two healthy legs along the course. Though I have been struggling with my own health problems over recent years, it was put into far better perspective after seeing what these challenged athletes overcome on a daily basis.

Robin Williams, a consistent supporter of this event, is pictured at right.

Entry Filed under: One Of The Guys,Outer Spaces

• 1. Silentz  |  November 15th, 2006 at 3:28 pm

Looks like something is playing with the dates of posts, considering I was here earlier today and there was nothing new. Oh well, good to hear from you again.

• 2. The Bombshell  |  November 15th, 2006 at 5:50 pm

Very perceptive. Sometimes I write something but don’t get around to putting the finishing touches until later, so I later publish it with the original datestamp. In this instance, I was waiting for the event photos to be released. You’ve got to catch as catch can!

• 3. LlamaKing  |  November 16th, 2006 at 4:07 am

That almost makes me feel cheated… At least you updated again. Good work.

• 4. Jordan  |  November 16th, 2006 at 11:26 am

It was so awesome to see all of the real athletes out and about showing the rest of us how its done! You should make this an annual event.

• 5. Linda Freedman (TherapyDoc)  |  November 28th, 2006 at 3:45 am

So you’re not challenged, so that’s good.

I’ve been trying to tell my patients that it isn’t at all weird that my 70’s 10-speed is my mode of transportation to work and I’m sorry if it takes up so much room in the office.

I’ll link over here so they see that LOTS of women prefer zipping around traffic to cranking up the radio.

• 6. Paul G  |  December 5th, 2006 at 12:13 pm

I’m very happy to see you’re still about and active.

• 7. K  |  December 21st, 2006 at 11:03 am

Hi Atomic, here’s wishing you and your family a Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year!

• 8. DianaCrabtree  |  January 1st, 2007 at 5:02 pm

Hey! I haven’t been checking blogs for awhile 🙂

I am glad you felt inspired 🙂 I have wanted to tell you (if I hadn’t already) that I had lost 20 pounds on weight watchers, and that your blog, and some of your comments on my blog were a big inspiration in making the decision to join 🙂 So thanks, and happy new year!