In Memorial

January 24th, 2007

GravesEvery once in a while an inanimate object will offer service so far above and beyond the call of duty that it deserves a special salute. This week I had a pair of stockings finally bite the dust, in grand style, after four months of repeated washing and wearing. Ladies, you know this is truly exceptional.

Working five days a week at an office that requires women to always keep their legs wrapped in (the sausage casings known as) nylons can cause a decent impact on your pocketbook. Pantyhose sell for anywhere between $5 to $15 each on average. Let’s not even talk about my secret love for Wolford, which can set you back around $100 per pair. And how long do they last? Maybe two weeks if you’re lucky.

Therefore, I salute you, magical stockings. You seemed like a simple pair of Calvin Klein nylons from the sale bin at Marshall’s but you gave $3.99 of value a dozen times over. When at last you gave up the ghost, with a run as wide as my fist from hip to mid-calf, I wore it proudly for the rest of the day as a memorial to your excellent service.

Entry Filed under: Completely Girlie

• 1. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  January 24th, 2007 at 5:25 pm

You’re cracking me up!!! I am sure that a pair of nylons with a fist size run never looked better!!!

• 2. Squirrel  |  January 25th, 2007 at 8:05 am

“I wore it proudly for the rest of the day as a memorial to your excellent service.”

You go girl:)

Peace

• 3. Jason Rohrblogger  |  January 25th, 2007 at 9:31 pm

I miss me some Bombshell! Hilarious post…

• 4. Deb  |  January 26th, 2007 at 10:56 pm

*grin* That’s awesome!

• 5. Some Girl  |  January 27th, 2007 at 10:20 pm

LOL, I loved this entry! I HATE nylons, they are the most high-maintenance article of clothing, ever! Gah! I can’t seem to get more than 5 wears outta mine. You might me too young, but do you remember the L’eggs pantyhose that came in the egg shaped container? LOL, I was a child of the 70s…

• 6. The Bombshell  |  January 29th, 2007 at 9:52 am

Heck yeah, I remember those! Now they sell L’eggs in a stupid cardboard container that is a pathetic departure from the original. Mom used to save those plastic eggs, put candies and plastic “grass” inside, and use them in my Easter basket!

• 7. Christopher  |  February 6th, 2007 at 2:05 am

Haha, you’re amazing! And you have very expensive taste. I had friend who loved Wolford. She told me how much they cost and I didn’t believe her until she showed me, but she says you get what you pay for. I have a question for you: Why are pantyhose also called nylons and stockings? What’s the difference? I have asked a few girls and they don’t know. Some have thought they are all the same, but some think they are not. I like asking that cause most of the time it puzzles you girls when I ask.

• 8. pinksaltydickmeat  |  May 10th, 2007 at 4:16 pm

And the reason i dont have pics of you and your stockings….aside from good taste, moral character and self control, that is.