Black Eye

January 30th, 2007

When you have long hair, a good haircut can last months. Then one day you wake up and all of a sudden it just stops working. For me, that was last night, so this morning I called to make an appointment. First, they redirect me to a new location saying that my stylist was promoted. I call the new place and they tell me she has tons of openings… Should have been a clue that something was amiss since she’s usually booked two weeks out.

Twenty minutes later I’m on the freeway heading over (on my lunch break) when a call rings in from the appointment desk telling me, “Oops, she’s at the old place today!” No big deal. I continue a little further to the original salon. Then I sit there for twenty five minutes before anybody seems to notice the increasingly perturbed look on my face.

I ask, “Is she even here?” and that’s when I find out they hadn’t been able to track down my stylist. After I explain the misdirections that already occurred and review my time constraints, the receptionist summons a manager. Many apologies are made and she offers services on the house. So, I’m scared to death, but I agree to get it over with.

Big mistake! Only in Misty’s Wonderland does a complaint result in something marvelous. In my world, you walk out with crappy wet hair and a black eye. Yeah, you heard me. A black eye! She tagged me in the orbital bone with her blowdryer… That’s what I get for complaining!

Entry Filed under: Carrie's Rants,Completely Girlie

• 1. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  January 30th, 2007 at 5:36 pm

Oh SNAP! You had to leave with wet hair too? Midday? And go back to work?

Picture it, Sicily, 1928, you showing back up to work with a black eye, wet hair, and the pantyhose from your last post…it would have been the perfect opportunity for the EEO representative to show that your company gives jobs to homeless crack whores!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• 2. The Bombshell  |  January 30th, 2007 at 5:44 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, but fortunately for me it’s raining in So Cal today, so my drenched appearance didn’t seem so out of place.

• 3. Some Girl  |  January 30th, 2007 at 5:46 pm

Noway! She seriously got you? You poor thing! Stressful, stressful day…bad hair is one thing, but the eye!! πŸ™

• 4. Jason Rohrblogger  |  January 30th, 2007 at 7:09 pm

Did you answer all of your co-worker’s questioning looks with:

“The first rule of Fight Club is, I can’t talk about Fight Club?”

• 5. LlamaKing  |  January 30th, 2007 at 8:57 pm

How does this Jason character think of things I would want to be able to come up with before I do… Another point for him… Tough break, Bombshell.

• 6. KangaMini  |  January 30th, 2007 at 11:52 pm

Did they give you a second free haircut for the pain and suffering? πŸ™

I need a haircuts too and your post makes me want to not do it! πŸ™‚

• 7. Silentz  |  February 2nd, 2007 at 5:24 pm

It could just be me, but I would let some one whack me once in the face for a free haircut.

• 8. Malnurtured Snay  |  February 4th, 2007 at 7:48 pm

Yeah, I’m hoping to get a haircut tomorrow. I don’t like keeping it long – I like it short! The shorter, the better, no mess or fuss.

• 9. Christopher  |  February 6th, 2007 at 2:08 am

I hope your eye is all better now.

• 10. Some Girl  |  February 7th, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Has your eye healed? Have you recovered from hair trauma? Can you blog now? πŸ˜‰

• 11. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  February 8th, 2007 at 1:32 pm

I am with some-girl – unless you are bleeding in a hospital bed, you should be able to blog!!! You have gotten pretty slack around here.

• 12. The Bombshell  |  February 9th, 2007 at 10:21 am

Maybe I’ll look into the whole password protected post thingie.

• 13. MissMeliss  |  February 12th, 2007 at 1:05 pm

You poor thing! They so owe you a free salon day – preferably at another salon.

• 14. MATT  |  February 16th, 2007 at 11:16 am

Dang. A stylist once cut a gash in my ear when cutting my hair, but this sounds worse. Definitely worth griping about it until they give you something for free.

• 15. Enci  |  February 19th, 2007 at 10:56 am

Oh my god, this is hilarious! I don’t mean to laugh at your misfortune but you have to admit that it’s funny πŸ™‚

• 16. Deb  |  February 20th, 2007 at 12:57 pm

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear that! I would have been incredibly nervous about using a different stylist too. In fact, I would have left, without the free services, and come back later. That’s why I make my next hair appt before I leave the salon. Every 6-8 weeks seems to be about right for me, whether I need it or not! Hope the eye is better now.

• 17. Bear  |  February 28th, 2007 at 11:44 pm

Got a good number on a great stylist for you! He doesn’t even do concussions! Drop me a note -Front Desk Bear

• 18. Janine (Hair Nazi)  |  March 7th, 2007 at 3:33 pm

You should come see me, I’m still in business. I will hook you up. πŸ™‚