Celebration IV

May 30th, 2007

Crashed the Star Wars 30th anniversary Celebration IV at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Memorial Day. Second only to the spectacle of seeing fans of all ages decked out in costume, I was most curious to see the Vader Project: a bunch of my favorite pop artists were invited to use a Darth helmet as a canvas. It was everything I’d hoped. Took some pictures with the crappy camera on my mobile phone, but you’re better off viewing everyone else’s pics on Flickr.

May the force be with you!

Entry Filed under: One Of The Guys,Undercover Geek

• 1. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  June 1st, 2007 at 3:58 pm

They were all so great looking – what a cool idea. I would have loved to have seen them all! :mrgreen:

• 2. some girl  |  June 1st, 2007 at 6:43 pm

Okay..so do you know how badly I wanted to go to this???

Also, I now know that we don’t live that far from each other..are you up for Comic Con this summer in SD? πŸ˜€

• 3. MissPrissy  |  June 1st, 2007 at 8:23 pm

Awesome! I love SW…I have not gotten into the newer movies, but man, did I love the ones in the 80’s! I’m so glad you updated πŸ™‚

• 4. Jason Rohrblogger  |  June 2nd, 2007 at 10:20 am

My absolute fave was the Statue of Liberty Darth helmet…

• 5. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  June 4th, 2007 at 6:32 pm

Thought you would appreciate this – Tee Hee!!!

And PS – the Unibomber one was my fav! Cracked me up!

• 6. nadine  |  June 7th, 2007 at 5:32 pm

i’m such a starwars geek. thanks to you i’ve just wasted a ridiculous amount of time looking at all the vvery cool helmets! πŸ˜‰

• 7. Dena A Clavier  |  June 14th, 2007 at 3:57 am

We are a big Star Wars family. My husband introduced Ethan into the cult, and now I’ve been forced into learning, watching, listening since it’s all Ethan ever talks about. We’ve been reading Star Wars books at night, and I’m learning all sorts of things about the series.

I think I’m going to do something with one of our many Darth Helmets. Quite amazing group you’ve shared with us.

• 8. Gecko Rock  |  November 18th, 2007 at 6:56 am