Wonder Woman

August 23rd, 2007

Wonder Woman FlexHelp me pick out a new pair of sneakers! Slip inside my lasso of truth and tell me which of the options below you fancy most. After heading over to the online Nike store to design a custom pair I became inspired by the fabulous Wonder Woman. Rather than sulk as I notice the days growing shorter while I’m out there trying to squeeze out every last drop of cycling fun following each work day, I figured this year I might try easing the transition into the off-season by getting excited about cross training. Running being a slightly less deadly cardio exercise option in twilight, I need an outrageous pair of kicks to spur my motivation.

Wonder Woman Shoes

Entry Filed under: Completely Girlie

• 1. Friglet  |  August 23rd, 2007 at 12:42 pm

You are asking the wrong person! I don’t even own tennis shoes. 😉

• 2. The Bombshell  |  August 23rd, 2007 at 3:46 pm

If I could run in those red high-heel boots for any length of time without causing myself serious harm, I would do it!

• 3. Nihility  |  August 23rd, 2007 at 4:40 pm

I like A.
    btw I’m pretty sure Nike has a different variation of soles for running shoes, some lightweight foam stuff, not sure the spring variety is the best way to go for running.
    I own a pair with the “springs” and I find them uncomfortable for cycling. The springs end separately from the rest of the sole creating 4 circles that keep getting stuck in my pedals and they also stick out from the edges of the shoes. I’m not a fan. Such a weird design.

• 4. The Bombshell  |  August 23rd, 2007 at 4:56 pm

Good point, Nih. Though I swear by my Adidas Supernova Cushion for serious running, I thought this would be a fun pair to toss into the mix now and then… These are more for fun than performance. Well, that and I also want to try the Nike + iPod system.

• 5. MissMeliss  |  August 23rd, 2007 at 6:47 pm

I designed Converse AllStars for myself, but haven’t ordered them yet…now I might have to go play with Nike’s site as well…

TEMPTRESS!

(I like D, btw, as they seem the most harmonious.)

• 6. Jeff  |  August 24th, 2007 at 6:48 am

Well girl, if you are truly going for outrageous Id say, go with C.

If you want it toned down a little, to where you might just throw them on for your next visit to the Rose Bowl, then go D.

Either way, you dont need a pair of shoes to be outrageous, but I see the functionality of them for your plan.

Remember though for the best performance in a running shoe, and to ensure the least stress on the knees and ankles, the heel should be slightly curved as to reduce shock.

• 7. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  August 24th, 2007 at 8:57 am

I am not a big Nike – as I am a die hard loyal fan to Asics for running shoes.

My suggestion to you, if you are considering running, is to take the time and visit a local running specialty store and have them fit you for which shoe is best for you. A good running store will put you on a treadmill, or watch you run, to see if and how you pronate, so they can determine the right shoe for you. Read a little bit about it here.

If you are dead set on those Nikes…I choose A.

• 8. Salena  |  August 26th, 2007 at 6:21 am

I like A best

• 9. Some Girl  |  August 27th, 2007 at 6:55 am

Dude, what’s the difference between A and D and B and C?
    Anyhoo, they are all spiffy and I love Wonder Woman. 🙂

• 10. The Bombshell  |  August 27th, 2007 at 3:56 pm

Misty, I’ve heard the Asics are tops, but I just can’t deal with their design. If I’m gonna go ugly, I’m gonna go all the way: see items A through D above. Good advice about proper fitting, though. Went to Snail’s Pace last year and learned that I’m neutral.

Option A turned out to be the clear winner, but when I placed the order I chickened out and opted for a slightly more tame palette:

• 11. Jeff  |  August 28th, 2007 at 6:33 am

You know… I almost like those 😉

• 12. MissPrissy  |  August 28th, 2007 at 1:50 pm

I was going to vote for D, but I love the ones you got 😀

• 13. Laurie  |  August 29th, 2007 at 12:14 pm

B woulda been my pick!

• 14. Dave2  |  September 6th, 2007 at 10:51 pm

C!! Option C!!

No, B! Option B!!!

No wait, left shoe C and right shoe B… yes! That’s the ticket!