Blogography

September 23rd, 2007

Super DaveLast night I experienced the pleasure of my first blogger meet. It was a nice warm-up for Blogasm 2008 but let the attendees be warned, for this new experience taught me that this Bombshell gets extremely shy when meeting fellow bloggers. Though I’m normally not bad at making friends, there’s just something about seeing someone in the flesh after reading about their life for ages that makes me feel extra super duper awkward… Perhaps I’ll do better next time.

Despite my shyness it was such a treat to meet Dave of Blogography and his crew of devoted Los Angeles fans at Lucky Strike on Hollywood Blvd. Unfortunately, I had to cut out early to see UCLA vs. UW at the Rose Bowl, so I missed out on bowling and meeting Neil and Sophia of Citizen of the Month. Which is lame since I’m the one who tipped him off that Dave was coming to town. Our guest of honor was every bit as cool as I’d already presumed from his writing, in fact, now that I’ve witnessed him in his full three-dimensional glory, I’m betting that his writing will take on some extra dimension for me, as well.

Dave, thank you so much for giving long-time readers like me the opportunity to get to know you a little better. I was really impressed with all the fun things you did to make your guests feel so greatly appreciated. I wore my artificial duck button to brunch today alongside my Ninja who donned his “I am the decider” pin. He’s now a believer regarding the undercover geek status I claim. We both hope to see you again some time. Oh, and here’s the pirate joke we owe you:

So a pirate walks into a bar, swaggers up to the barkeep and demands a glass of rum. The bartender, being a reasonable fellow, makes no complaint but simply grabs a large glass, a bottle of fine dark rum, and begins to pour. And while he’s waiting for the glass to fill he sizes up the pirate, having never seen a real honest-to-God pirate before.

This pirate is in full regalia: gold earrings, patch over the eye, a big filthy white blouse covering his swarthy chest, tattoos everywhere, all of it… but protruding from his pirate trousers is the unmistakable form of a ship’s wheel. As the glass of rum tops off, the barkeep skims it across the bar to the pirate, who nods curtly and downs it in one huge swig. Slapping a dubloon on the bartop, he turns to walk away when our bartender’s curiosity gets the best of him.

“Wait, one second. What’s up with the steering wheel?” and the pirate turns back and fixes him with a beady glare from his lone eye, “Arrr, I don’t know, but it’s drivin’ me nuts!”

Entry Filed under: Outer Spaces

• 1. Peggy  |  September 23rd, 2007 at 11:04 pm

HAHAHAHA!! That was funny 🙂

Glad Dave took your “meet a blogger” virginity. Now you won’t have to be shy at Blogasm!

• 2. Salena  |  September 24th, 2007 at 6:11 am

Shy?! I wouldn’t have thought you’d be shy! I’m SO looking forward to Blogasm! Weeeee!

• 3. LC  |  September 24th, 2007 at 7:59 am

I’m afraid come Blogasm time I’m gonna find myself SUPER shy too !!! So .. you won’t be the only one. 😉

Sounds like ya’ll had a fun little meetup.

I can’t WAIT until Vegas too !!!

• 4. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  September 24th, 2007 at 9:06 am

You will totally not have to worry about being shy around me, because I am SO NOT shy that I will do all the 1st of everything. You will feel like my BFF within minutes!!! 😉

• 5. Hilly  |  September 24th, 2007 at 12:31 pm

Haha, very cute!

I wish we could have had more time to talk and hang out, but it was nice meeting you and next time, no shyness ;).

• 6. MissPrissy  |  September 24th, 2007 at 1:52 pm

That’s great that you got to meet them. 🙂 I may be a bit shy in Vegas too, but that is where the booze comes in, LOL!

• 7. some girl  |  September 24th, 2007 at 8:04 pm

LOL @ MissPrissy! 🙂

We have no intention of letting you be shy. MWAHAHAHA!

• 8. Foo  |  September 24th, 2007 at 8:16 pm

Too funny…it was great meeting you and your man. I started off reading your blog from following someone else’s link a while back, just was too shy to comment. It was cool to be able to put a face to the writing…too bad we were at opposite ends of the table. This was just a warm up until your next meet and greet. You’ll be fine.

• 9. Jason Rohrblogger  |  September 24th, 2007 at 9:58 pm

Damn! I missed this event….

• 10. Neil  |  September 25th, 2007 at 9:25 am

Sorry we missed each other!

• 11. The Bombshell  |  September 25th, 2007 at 9:53 am

Fortunately we live nearby and can make up for it any time.

• 12. Bonita in Pink  |  September 26th, 2007 at 1:21 pm

That is cool! *thumbs up!*

• 13. Kristine  |  September 26th, 2007 at 7:35 pm

I’m with Miss Prissy – we can cure shyness with the rum!! … or whatever your poison is. I’m still laughing at the joke!

• 14. Deanna (domestic chicky)  |  September 27th, 2007 at 10:35 am

Very cool! It’s always fun to meet bloggers in real life-I had no idea you were so close!

• 15. Olivia  |  September 27th, 2007 at 7:15 pm

Wow, I didn’t even know there were “blogger meets” lol. Sucks you you missed out on a few things. But sounds like you had a lot of fun anyway… LOL @ the pirate joke… Corny! But I still gave a little laugh =)

• 16. Mom Misplaced  |  October 2nd, 2007 at 12:22 pm

Shyness…the main reason the alcohol will be flowing! You are certainly not alone in your thoughts.

• 17. Dave2  |  October 8th, 2007 at 3:28 pm

I finally found an appropriate venue for telling your latest pirate joke and it killed… so thanks for that! I suppose I should be surprised from somebody who likes Almond Crush Pocky!

• 18. Catherine  |  October 16th, 2007 at 4:47 pm

It was lovely to meet you and your ubercool phonetastic garage door opener! And your very cool friend.

It took me so long to come here and say hi because… be caaauuusse … okay I have no idea. I am teh suck. Very cool blog you got yourself, here.

🙂