The Addiction

October 18th, 2007

Wendy\'s DorkOnly took me three decades to try a meal at the #3 burger chain in America, and only one spicy chicken sandwich for Wendy’s to become my favorite place to catch a bite on the run. I’m trying to remember why I’d never dined there before. Was it their scary looking redhead girlie mascot? Rumored use of kangaroo meat? (No, that’s why I waited 20 years to try Jack in the Box.) Or maybe simply the fact that while growing up we weren’t allowed to eat fast food. In any case, I’m over it now. That spicy chickeny goodness, skip the fries in favor of a baked potato, add a mandarin orange cup… That’s what I’m talkin’ about. I’m seriously addicted to this place.

Entry Filed under: Outer Spaces

• 1. The Bombshell  |  October 18th, 2007 at 9:03 pm

PS: Their salads kick ass, too. And if you’re feeling naughty,
    try a chocolate Frosty or their new Root Beer Float… Yum!
    PPS: They should pay me (gift cards) for this endorsement.
    PPPS: However, nobody beats In-N-Out for best burger.
    PPPPS: Click the image in the post above for FUN!

• 2. Nanette  |  October 18th, 2007 at 11:56 pm

I looooove Wendy’s! I especially looooove their fries and Frosties – together, even. 🙂

• 3. Crystal  |  October 19th, 2007 at 7:00 am

I love their spicey chicken meals as well. For an added treat now and then, I get it with bacon 🙂

• 4. MissPrissy  |  October 19th, 2007 at 9:27 am

I love Wendy’s, have you tried their Taco Salad? yummy!

• 5. Smizzo  |  October 19th, 2007 at 11:39 am

I have never eaten at a Wendy’s in my entire life. However, I do manage to eat In-N-out once a week. 🙂

• 6. The Bombshell  |  October 19th, 2007 at 11:46 am

Nanette: Ha! I drip my fries into chocolate shakes, too!
    Crystal: That sounds very naughty but delicious. Wowie.
    MissPrissy: I have, and they should call it chili salad. Yum!
    Smizzo: In-N-Out rocks, but you must give Wendy’s a try.

• 7. Jordan aka The Ninja  |  October 19th, 2007 at 12:19 pm

Who is that handsome man in the picture? Oh yeah…its me.

• 8. Crystal  |  October 19th, 2007 at 1:07 pm

I love Wendy’s salads they’re so good!

My boyfriend wants one of those wigs from their new commercial.

• 9. Peggy  |  October 19th, 2007 at 8:01 pm

I’ve never tried their salads like some have suggested. If I’m going to eat at Wendy’s – it’s not to eat a salad. I do love their baked potatoes though. YUMMY!

You really weren’t allowed to eat fast food growing up? Your Parent’s are Saints!

• 10. Salena  |  October 21st, 2007 at 9:15 am

The Spicy Chicken sandwich is my absolute favorite!!!!

• 11. Shannon  |  October 21st, 2007 at 11:07 am

You’re right. Their salads are really good too. I worked there as a teen so you can pretty much imagine how good I was eating 😀 . I eat there occasionally nowadays. I can’t really stand eating too much fast food. My mother never allowed me to eat fast food, either. She preferred homecooked meals.

• 12. Kangamini  |  October 21st, 2007 at 11:49 am

Mmmmm spicy chicken sammich.. i haven’t had one in AGES.. I may need to have one for dinner 😀

On another note – did you know your RSS feed is no bueno?

• 13. Friglet  |  October 21st, 2007 at 9:30 pm

I love me a Wendy’s chicken sandwich and fries. Yummy!

• 14. Cube  |  October 22nd, 2007 at 6:31 am

When I was pregnant I couldn’t drive by a Wendy’s without stopping for a Frosty. That was a long time ago, but even now, if I crave a Frosty, I cringe.

• 15. Kimberly  |  October 22nd, 2007 at 2:09 pm

Great…I was going to start my diet today. Now I’m having visions of a drive though while my kids is at soccer 😉

• 16. Kimberly  |  October 22nd, 2007 at 2:10 pm

yeah…good grammar, huh? it’s the grease in my thoughts

• 17. The Bombshell  |  October 23rd, 2007 at 11:00 am

Sorry to break it to you, but my mother’s refusal to let us eat at restaurants, fast food or otherwise, had less to do with a concern for our health, and more about starving us to spend the child support money on herself. That was back in the days when it was cheaper to cook a meal at home than it was to drive-thru.