The Drama

September 4th, 2008

Phelps ScreamEver wonder why I don’t post very often? Let me give you a couple little peeks into some of the reasons why that might be…

Let’s start with the dumbest one first:

When I posted about The Ninja’s travel trouble, it later showed up on my Facebook automatically imported as a note. The groom of the wedding involved somehow found it there and took it very personally. After a series of emails from the groom, The Ninja was unable to clear up misconceptions, and these comments appeared here:

Wow “Bombshell”, I just got married and am so happy that I didn’t have petty “friends” like you attend (or actually your husband… you didn’t even go!) How much free time do you have that you can sit and relay the events hour-by-hour of a wedding you did not attend? Do you work?

You sound like a petulant, pathetic little girl who pined for her husband while he was away. Get a life. I feel sorry for the couple who got married, they shouldn’t have even wasted the postage to invite you. I sincerely hope they never read this and see how rude you are. You are a loser and should be ashamed of yourself.

You said that you were recently married. Are you so sure that everything was so perfect that no one has blogged about it? Maybe do some checking.

(They tried posting that a few times with different names and email addresses, and when it still didn’t show up on the public side of this blog, they boiled it down to the following in one final blow…)

You’re a cunt. Were you even there? You’re a loser and have too much time on your hands.

At least I can have some respect for that last comment, since it doesn’t blather on like their previous attempts. Regardless, it’s so lame to have all this drama over a mere expression of compassion for all my husband went through to be there for their wedding. What a disappointment.

Now, on to the next one:

When I posted the adorable Bombshell & Ninja cartoon that Dave2 from Blogography made to celebrate our wedding, someone who had previously identified herself as “the new ex” (she e-mailed me to commiserate after she broke up with my ex) left a new comment with blessings and wishes for “many curly-haired cherubs.”

Even though the mild stalking aspect creeps me out, I was appreciative of the sincere kindness in that comment. That was, until a couple days had passed, when suddenly an e-mail showed up asking me to “Please remove (their) genuinely kind comment from (my) blog.” Which just about scared the crap out of me. Why?! Did somebody threaten you?! What is the issue here?! Freaky, freaky, freaky!

In summary, blogging sucks sometimes. It’s always better to do it anonymously and keep your online life segregated from your real world friends and family. Unfortunately, over time anonymity usually has a way of eroding. Sooner or later people find out what you’re up to. And then what do you do? Password protect? Start over? Disappear?

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe just laying it all out on the table will clear up some of these problems. That, and reminding them – HEY, IT’S MY SITE – and I have an excellent array of resources at my disposal to track your visits. Yes, I can see when you’re here, for how long, what you do, where you go, when you read my feeds, and more… Just an FYI.

Happy trails, and please take the drama elsewhere.

Entry Filed under: Carrie's Rants

• 1. shelly  |  September 4th, 2008 at 7:23 pm

You can see me? What am I wearing? 🙂

• 2. Salena  |  September 4th, 2008 at 7:38 pm

I no likey when you no bloggy. 🙁

I hate it that people have treated you this way… one of the absolute nicest bloggers I know. You never have anything harsh to say about anything or anybody.

Keep your chin up pretty girl!

• 3. soapbox.superstar  |  September 4th, 2008 at 8:20 pm

Well I love you. You are the sweetest, cutest, all-around best “cunt” I know. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart!!!

And I to wish you lots of curly headed ninjas and bombshells…. and you can keep my comment up!

XOXOXO

• 4. Catherine  |  September 4th, 2008 at 8:26 pm

Holy crap, that is just awful, and kinda scary. Hope all is/gets completely resolved.

• 5. Toryssa  |  September 4th, 2008 at 8:28 pm

Woah. Facebook people are MEAN. I’m sorry something that is meant to be fun and personal became something known and so very unfun.

• 6. Jason Rohrblogger  |  September 4th, 2008 at 8:30 pm

You have someone creepier than ME stalking your blog?

I’m outside in your bushes RIGHT NOW!

-Rohrblogger

• 7. Avitable  |  September 4th, 2008 at 9:01 pm

That’s why I don’t blog anonymously and freely give my blog to my family members. It’s my space, and if one of them has a problem with anything I want to say, they can take it up with me or just not read.

• 8. Dave2  |  September 4th, 2008 at 9:06 pm

It’s really too bad, but it happens. Every once in a while I get attacked for the most ridiculous things. You’d think that people would appreciate all the things that Ninja went through, and assure him that it was all worth it because the bride and groom would be so happy he could make it. I guess attacking is easier.

• 9. Rich  |  September 4th, 2008 at 9:21 pm

I hated the feeling like I had to defend something that I wrote that was a personal reflection.. on my kangamini.com blog I posted about a double murder that happened in Tempe right after I moved here, and two years after the post people STILL left comments about how dare I reflect on my own feelings in the matter when THEY were the ones affected by it..

Internet crazies.

Girl, just keep on doin’ yo own thang and remember – this is YOUR house YOU make the rules. If people don’t like it they can go read someone else’s blog 🙂

xox

• 10. MissPrissy  |  September 8th, 2008 at 6:14 pm

That is just awful! Jealousy is such an ugly thing.
    I’m sorry this happened, I hope you keep on blogging.
    BIG HUGS!!!!

• 11. smizzo  |  September 8th, 2008 at 6:40 pm

OMG, how much do people suck? Keep your chin up, girl..and yes, incognito/private posts are the way to go. 😉

P.S. When is the Ninja gonna start a blog? LMAO

• 12. girlymom  |  September 9th, 2008 at 8:19 am

I can’t believe how hateful people can be. I’m just speechless. I always feel sorry for nice people when they have to come face to face with the true meanies of the world.

• 13. Lisa  |  September 10th, 2008 at 8:15 pm

Just remember…your blog isn’t cool until somebody calls you names. And you are the coolest you cunt! 🙂

• 14. Neb  |  September 10th, 2008 at 11:59 pm

Wow…I think people who post negativity like that are just projecting. Seriously. Nobody forced them to read your blog. Most people blog to keep in touch with friends and families. Yes, it’s (generally) viewable by complete strangers. Is it any of their business? No! Do they have the freedom to comment? Yes. Is it in good taste or showing good manners to do so? No.

Hey, I just told myself to shut up, I think…

• 15. Jordans  |  September 15th, 2008 at 2:00 am

Some people need to get a life, but you should feed off their hate. 🙂

• 16. Wendy  |  September 15th, 2008 at 7:03 pm

Hey there, I was recently referred to your blog. Sorry to hear about all the cyber drama! I’ve always felt that if you really have an issue with what someone wrote and can’t be civil about it, bitch about it in your own blog. It sucks being attacked for your personal opinions in your own space.

• 17. Erin  |  October 18th, 2008 at 7:58 am

I decided to take some time today and read your past blog posts. How crappy that someone would write that to you. Personally, it sounds like they have no life. As for the Groom……Get the F*** over it. He had a shitty weekend attending your wedding with transportation and lack of sleep. You would have complained too. Oh, I could say so much more but I will shut up now. =)

• 18. Candi  |  February 19th, 2009 at 6:24 pm

Holy smokes! Wow…the nerve of some people. I don’t know why people go out of their way to leave nasty comments. They pick on you saying that you have too much time on your hands, but what about the time that they are wasting to write such rude comments?

Hey, How do you track when people read your feeds? just curious 🙂