Triple White

September 8th, 2008

Triple White New BeetleHas it been four years already? It doesn’t seem like my Acura has been around that long, but the lease company just said it was time to pull the trigger.

It’s not that the poor car did me wrong, but it just wasn’t that exciting for me to drive. Sure, it had great horsepower and tons of features, but it just wasn’t my style. Which means it was time to go car shopping again. Did some research after identifying these issues:

1. Must no longer be forced to purchase premium 91 octane gasoline. 2. Must have fuel economy of around 30 miles per gallon highway. 3. Must have a much lower overall cost of ownership than my previous vehicle. Basically, I need this new car to save me some money!

Those hybrids everybody’s crazy about help save fuel, but they’re too ugly to pay thousands over MSRP. So, I test drove a few economy cars, but nothing made me smile like the New Beetle… And when I saw the Triple White special edition, I knew the search was over.

Everybody say hello to my 4th Volkswagen… Meep meep!

Entry Filed under: Atomic Bombshell,Completely Girlie

• 1. MissPrissy  |  September 8th, 2008 at 6:09 pm

She is beautiful!!!
    Now we need a picture of you driving that sassy new baby! 😉

• 2. smizzo  |  September 8th, 2008 at 6:35 pm

Congratulations! I have had my eye on the v-dubs again lately. You found a triple white hardtop? I have only seen the convertibles. Does it have a sunroof?

Real life picture, puhleeze!

Enjoy your new baby! Maybe. someday, I’ll own my 2nd pink one. 😉

• 3. The Bombshell  |  September 8th, 2008 at 7:23 pm

You’ll get your pictures… Just as soon as the PERSONALIZED LICENSE PLATES arrive! Keep an eye on my Flickr in a few weeks.

And Smizzo, they have THREE pink convertibles lined up at Capistrano VW just waiting for you. Oh man, I can totally picture you driving that thing… Too cute!

• 4. shelly  |  September 8th, 2008 at 8:17 pm

Does it come in a four door version for the ease of toting baby ninja’s?

• 5. Salena  |  September 8th, 2008 at 8:44 pm

I think its adorable! I would LOVE to see a pink one!

• 6. Deanna  |  September 8th, 2008 at 9:02 pm

You totally have my dream car. I am TOTALLY jealous…next year is my new car year-I may have to check out the triple white-or fight Smizzo over the pink ones!

• 7. soapbox.SUPERSTAR  |  September 9th, 2008 at 5:55 am

It’s super dooper cute. And yeah… what about when little ninjas start arriving? Hmmmm?

• 8. Iron Fist  |  September 9th, 2008 at 5:56 pm

Our family cars for years were Volkswagens, and when they released the new Beetle I admittedly got all nostalgic.

Great choice!

• 9. Get Outta My Car! | TheBi&hellip  |  September 12th, 2008 at 5:25 am

[…] In the wake of my recent car problems, and the price of gas, it’s no wonder that people are buying new cars. Another blogger that I read regularly, Atomic Bombshell, just traded in her Acura for the new VW Beetle. […]

• 10. Jordans  |  September 15th, 2008 at 1:58 am

The biggest rip offs are those hybrids. Just a way for car companies to make some money back. They are so freaking ugly!

• 11. Erin  |  October 18th, 2008 at 8:02 am

I have always like the beetle. I love the old style beetle the most. She is super cute. I have too many kids to ever get one so I will have to wait till my kids are all in college then I may buy one of the older versions and sup it all up.

• 12. Candi  |  February 19th, 2009 at 6:18 pm

What a gorgeous car! I remember when I was a teenager I always wanted a bright yellow VW. Looks like a fun car!